I strive make it possible for people to solve really big problems by facing their challenges and opportunities head on. A clear and complete view – of ourselves, our people, and our organizations – makes it possible to optimize resident strengths, strategically develop new capacity, and uncover choices that get everyone down to productive, meaningful work. And that solution doesn’t usually come out of a box.
People: Effectiveness, productivity, and even on-the-job satisfaction depends on having aces in their places and giving them opportunity to excel. I help you, and them, address common individual development opportunities, including:
- Using strengths effectively, complementary strengths in others, and building underdeveloped capabilities
- Making better, more aligned decisions
- Building capability for strategic thinking
- Using emotional intelligence for business impact
- Developing influence and communication capability
Organizations: The principal challenge for organizations is understanding the change they are experiencing, making sense of it, and putting in place adaptable plans and processes. Solving that challenge requires building a foundation of understanding, respect, and commitment to a shared mission.
As a facilitator, program and meeting designer, and partner in creating meaningful change, I work with organizations to:
- Define, articulate, and disseminate an inspiring mission, vision, and values for aligned strategy
- Address human and group dynamics that threaten to become obstacles to business results
- Develop an actionable shared understanding of the current situation, the challenges to be addressed, and a way forward
- Identify and adopt methods to transform values into features of a sustainable culture
Our go-to methods
I rely on expertise in the following methods, and draw on others:
- Executive and leadership coaching
- Team coaching and team development, including assessment, process improvement, and skill building
- Leadership and management development learning programs and experiences
- Meeting design and facilitation, including retreat meetings
- Organizational assessment
- Change management
A simple, clear approach allows me to adapt to the context, issues, and urgency of your organization.
- Assessment or discovery: From the perspective of stakeholders, what is really going on?
- Review: What did we learn? What does it mean? You bring your experience and we bring our expertise.
- Recommendations: The best ways to introduce change for sustained, positive impact.
- Action: Make change, monitor for measurable impact, and identify follow-on effects.
- Own: Define and execute the roles, processes, and management and feedback routines that will ensure ongoing results.